Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mastitis

Don't worry, there is no picture included in this post. Just wanted to document that all of the happenings of the previous posts (preschool graduation, dance rehearsals, dance recital, camp invention, and the baby blessing) happened all within 2 1/2 weeks after Bridget was born. Plus, Chris went to scout camp for 4 nights and 3 days during that time. Let's just say I would have died if my parents weren't staying with me for those 2 weeks. So, my first day home alone with all 4 kids (after my parents left) I ended up with a breast infection. I have had this before, so I knew it was coming on. So, that afternoon right when the fever and chills started, I called the doctor, and luckily I didn't have to go in and be seen. They called in a prescription for me so that Chris could pick it up for me on the way home. I collapsed into a feverous delirium (luckily Bridget and Levi slept a good chunk of the afternoon and the girls were playing at a friend's house) The next day I felt like a million bucks compared to the day before. Thank goodness for antibiotics. The moral of the story is...I overdid it the week before. Everytime I have gotten mastitis it has been because I have tried to do too much and not gotten enough sleep. When will I ever learn?

1 comment:

The Stewart Stuff said...

I feel for you! After Summer was born, I remember Jason having to carry me into the Dr.s office! No fun at all! I'm glad you recognized it early on!!!