Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Big Boy Bed

So, we might have gotten ahead of ourselves, but we put Levi in a toddler bed. Our reasoning was that it might take him a couple of months to adjust, so we'd rather do it now than after the baby comes. What were we thinking? What 2 year old boy is going to want to stay in his bed? In fact, you may think less of us as parents when I tell you that we have resorted to locking him in his room. I just couldn't deal with him giving up naps quite yet, so I just lock him in. He doesn't cry. He just lays down on the floor and looks under the door until he falls asleep. Kind of sad, huh? But the good news is that SOMETIMES he stays in his bed and falls asleep. We're just hoping that it will happen more and more. The funny thing is...the first 3 or 4 days he stayed in his bed and went right to sleep and when he woke up he would just sit up and cry. It's like it didn't occur to him to get out of his bed! :) Anyway, here are some pictures of his first night in his "big boy bed"This is him pretending to be asleep.

This is how we found him later that night. Good thing we put blankets down. We have since put up a railing to keep him in. I can't believe how big he is getting. I am sure he will seem even bigger after we meet his baby sister.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

How cute! I love the picture where he's pretending to be asleep, yet his head is not even on the pillow!

Amy said...

So cute, he is so happy for that new bed! We hope to put Jill in a bed soon, We will probably have to lock her in too!

Nelsonranch said...

LOL!
You are a super mom. And smart.
I had to put a child lock on the inside of Ronnie's room to keep him in for naps-alas now he is smarter than the lock- he just rips it off the door handle. But, while it lasted , it worked wonders.

MollyE said...

First of all, that boy is soooo adorable!!! We are about to put our just turned 2 year old into a bed too. I'm not sure what I am thinking either. I have done the locking thing too, and will probably have to again. You gotta have your nap too.

The Stewart Stuff said...

I love the picture of him on the floor! How sweet is he!?! I adore all of your adorable children. I'm so lucky to be their aunt!

Bethany C. said...

Oh man. I won't even begin to tell you the stories of how long it took to keep Spencer in bed. Is it a boy thing? Did your girls do that? We used every parenting tip and trick in the books. Then I threw all those books away 'cause it didn't do nothing! You would laugh if I told you what finally worked. Every kid is so different. Moving to a big boy bed is almost as bad as potty training in my mind. But maybe I just have really naughty kids or something. :) Good thing Levi is so darn cute!